Awards Rules and Regulations
THE FIRST BEST AFRICAN SCIENTIFIC
The MADSR will annually award an African Prize for the best scientific paper offered to the winner at the annual MADSR ceremony. This award recognizes the value of innovative health research and encourages it with a symbolic reward.
The MADSR office will conduct a preliminary assessment of applications to ensure that they are eligible, complete and relevant. Only applications that are deemed eligible will be evaluated by a panel of experts composed of university professors and other leaders and experts in the field.Eligibility criteria
- All articles submitted and accepted by an indexed journal (peer-reviewed journal) between January 1, 2017 and January 29, 2018 are eligible for this award.
- The article can be based on fundamental, applied or clinical research.
- The award will be given to the lead author of the best paper.
- If the article has more than one main author, the price will be shared equitably among the authors;
- The main author of the article must be registered in an African institution.
- Applicants may submit only one paper per year.
The candidates must include the following elements to their applications:
- The registration form duly completed and signed;
- An electronic copy of the published article with a full reference (author, title, journal name, year, volume, issue, pages);
- A copy of the ID card, passport or residence permit;
- A detailed and updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a photo showing the identity, telephone number, address and email of the candidate;
- The application form and an electronic version of the article must be submitted by e-mail no later than 15 February 2018 to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Jury is proposed each year by the Bureau of the Association. It is composed of at least five members (university professors, health professionals), and must include a member of the MADSR board.
The Jury selects the eligible articles and decides on the winner. The results of the deliberations are announced at the MADSR Annual Ceremony, and published on the association’s official website.Selection criteria
This award aims to recognize the value of research carried out in Africa in the field of health sciences. A primary evaluation (based on an evaluation grid) will select the finalists (the two candidates with the highest score based on each jury member’s evaluation).
The final evaluation of the applications will be based on the following elements:
- The relevance and originality of the scientific article;
- The extent to which the study contributes to:
- the enhancement of the health sector in Africa;
- the medical innovative solutions to fix existing African problems.
- The quality of the scientific journal (peer-reviewed journal).
In case of a tie, preference will be given to the main author of the article whose research work has been carried out entirely in an African institution.