Offres de Post-Doc
Le Concours est ouvert à toutes les femmes souhaitant réaliser un stage postdoctoral pour ensuite entreprendre une carrière professorale en génie, à l’Université de Sherbrooke.
Les huit bourses seront attribuées en deux tours de quatre bourses.
Le premier tour est actuellement ouvert à tous les huit domaines. Les candidatures complètes doivent être reçues au plus tard le 1er mars 2020. Une fois les quatre bourses initiales attribuées, les domaines des quatre bourses restantes seront rendus publics. Pour le deuxième tour de sélection, les candidatures dans les quatre domaines restants seront acceptées jusqu’au 13 septembre 2020.
Dossier de candidature
Chaque dossier de candidature doit comprendre :
- un curriculum vitae;
- les relevés de notes officiels des études universitaires;
- une lettre de motivation;
- un plan de recherche postdoctorale (envisagé ou en cours);
- des tirés à part des contributions récentes les plus pertinentes;
- deux lettres de recommandation en provenance directement des signataires.
Les candidatures doivent être envoyées à l’adresse suivante : bourses-Claire-Deschenes@USherbrooke.ca.
A postdoc position is available in the group of Prof. Dirk Bumann at the Biozentrum, University of Basel.
To determine proteomes of various pathogens in specimens from human patients using state-of-the-art LC-MS approaches in close collaboration with the proteomics core facility. You will determine signatures of key factors of bacterial physiology in human patient samples and use them as benchmarks for improving in vitro systems.
Please apply online with a CV, letter of application, and contact info for three references. Please note that only online applications will be accepted:
Reviewing of applications will start on 3 February 2020 and continue unil the position is filled.
A postdoctoral position is available at the newly created Department of Biomedical Sciences of the University of Lausanne (Switzerland) starting April 1, 2020, for a project supported by the Swiss National Science Foundation focusing on the molecular mechanisms mediating cardiac diseases. The research interests of our laboratory are focused on the molecular and pathophysiological mechanisms promoting cardiac dysfunction. Toward this end we are investigating the function of multifunctional signaling complexes regulating pathological responses in cardiac cells and we aim at developing molecular strategies targeting these complexes as a primary mean to prevent heart failure.
Candidates are encouraged to send their curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, and names and E-mail addresses of three referees to:
Prof. Dario Diviani by E-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A postdoctoral position is available at the Cochin Institute (www.institutcohin.fr) in Paris, under the supervision of Dr. Yonatan Ganor, in the laboratory of Mucosal Entry of HIV-1 and Mucosal Immunity, headed by Dr. Morgane Bomsel.
We study the potential use of cannabinoids in preventing mucosal HIV-1 transmission, focusing on Langerhans cells (LCs), the initial HIV-1 cellular targets within mucosal epithelia.
We are looking for a highly motivated post-doctoral fellow with a PhD in life sciences, preferably in immunology or neuroimmunology, and strong interest in virology. The enthusiastic and highly motivated candidate should have at least one first author publication, and be capable of working independently and developing this research axe. Experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques, microscopy and flow cytometry, is highly appreciated.
To apply, please send your CV, motivation letter stating your research interests/plans and at least two letters of recommendation to email@example.com
We seek outstanding candidates with a clear passion for research and who are excited by the opportunity to provide future solutions for energy and environment. Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates able to undertake a PhD project in all areas of Energy and Environment, connected to the research priorities of the laboratories hosted by the consortium:
- The Institute of Analytical Sciences and Physical Chemistry for Environment and Materials (IPREM, http://iprem.univ-pau.fr) has developed over the last 10 years sound experience in analytical and physicochemical activities for environment and materials science.
- The Pluridisciplinary Institute for Applied Research (IPRA, http://ipra.univ-pau.fr) favors collaborative research (mathematics, physics and chemistry, geosciences and numerical modelling) strongly focused on geo-resources exploration, modelling and production, sustainable construction and aeronautics.
- The research federation Aquatic Environments and Resources (MIRA, http://milieux-aquatiques.univ-pau.fr) drives the activities of biologists, chemists, mathematicians and physicists on natural and controlled aquatic environments and their biological resources.
- Through major interdisciplinary efforts with social sciences, Pau Droit Public (PDP, http://paudroitpublic.univ-pau.fr), the PASSAGES (http://www.passages.cnrs.fr/) and the Center for the Analysis of Trade and economic Transitions (CATT, https://catt.univ-pau.fr/en/home.html) units conduct public law development and societal research related to the energy and environmental transitions.
The indicative list of innovative topics to be tackled by applicants is appended on the last page of this call.
- Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance requirements: candidates must hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent degree) with outstanding records.
- English language requirements: applicants whose first language is not French or English are required to provide proofs of proficiency of the required language skills.
- Required competencies: Applicants are expected to show outstanding commitment connected to the research priorities of the laboratories hosted by the consortium.
Required application documents :
- Cover letter – 1-3 pages where you introduce yourself and present your qualifications and achievements, and emphasis on future goals and research focus.
- Are there any specific projects and research issues you are primarily interested in (see list at the end of this call)? To be indicated in the motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of certificates of any academic degrees and marks reports during their master studies; for candidates with a Master’s degree in progress during the 2019-2020 academic year, please join marks and rankings corresponding to the first semester of the M2.
- Copies of certificates of French and/or English language proficiency (for non French or English speaking applicants)
- Two letters of recommendation.
Sample TextThe Laboratory for Cell Biology and Histology at the Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy for a Postdoctoral scientist in the area of Neuroscience.
We are therefore looking for a positive and skilled colleague who is eager to take the lead in this new, challenging study. As the Laboratory of Cell Biology and Histology also runs the Microscopy Core Facility, the successful applicant will benefit from access to cutting-edge microscopy infrastructure.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctoral degree in (Bio-)medical Sciences, Biochemistry, (Bio-)Physics, Bioscience Engineering, Veterinary Sciences or equivalent.
- Experience with microglia, single cell sequencing, light sheet microscopy and/or image analysis is an asset.
- You co-supervise PhD students and other team members next to which you will also contribute to small educational tasks (e.g., practical exercises).
- Part of your job will be the organization and management of project applications.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
Please send your short cv along with a motivation letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org until the closing date February 20th, 2020
A post-doctoral research position is available immediately in the team of Dr. Salvatore Valitutti at the Cancer Research Center (CRCT) of Toulouse, France. The position is funded by a collaboration with the Institute of Research in Informatics of Toulouse, the University Hospital of Toulouse, and Bristol-Myers Squibb France.
The ideal candidate for this position has background in immunology and is interested in studies related to the immune mechanisms and their regulation at the immunological synapses. Experience with human immunology is desirable as well as excellent capabilities with primary cell culture and/or strong expertise in imaging techniques.
The specific aim of the project is to define the molecular mechanisms of tumor cell resistance to cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTL) attack at the immunological synapse with the purpose of enhancing CTL efficacy in tumor eradication and efficacy of immunotherapies in cancer patients. The research will be performed on clinically relevant samples using recently acquired latest-generation imaging techniques.
The CRCT is a newly built INSERM, CNRS, Toulouse University research center specialized in research in oncology, hematology and immunology. The center is located in a modern biotechnology campus and is adjacent to the Clinical Cancer Center of Toulouse (IUCT Oncopole) allowing CRCT scientists to work in close cooperation with clinicians. The CRCT hosts 20 highly successful research teams and eight core facilities grouped within a Technology Center (website: https://www.crct-inserm.fr/).
The applicant should have a PhD in immunology or cell biology or biophysics and a solid publication record.
Please send CV and a short covering letter, including the name of three references and their e-mail, to: email@example.com
Le groupe « Syndromes de vieillissement prématuré et lipodystrophies impliquant des protéines prénylées» dirigé par le Pr Nicolas Levy, souhaite recruter par voie de mobilité un(e) chercheur(se), CR ou DR, qui viendrait renforcer ses activités de recherche en biologie moléculaire et cellulaire.
Les critères d’éligibilité:
- Doctorat en biologie
- Solide connaissance scientifique en biologie humaine
- Connaissance de la culture cellulaire in vitro et des modèles expérimentaux de pathologie in vivo
- Connaissance de l’environnement de la recherche au niveau national et international
- Maitrise de l’anglais
Pour postuler, merci de bien vouloir envoyer par courriel votre CV et lettre de motivation à l’attention de Laurence Colleaux et Nicolas Lévy (Laurence.firstname.lastname@example.org ; Nicolas.email@example.com ).
This position is part of the French National Research Agency. This post-doc position aims at developing new machine learning algorithms to improve the conversion of neural signals into an intelligible acoustic speech signal.
Requirement and Profile:
- ·PhD in machine learning, signal/image/speech processing
- ·Advanced knowledges in deep learning
- ·Excellent programming skills (mostly Python
- Fluent in English
To apply for this opportunity, please send a cover letter, a resume, and references by email to:
- Dr. Thomas Hueber, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Laurent Girin, email@example.com
- Dr. Blaise Yvert, firstname.lastname@example.org
The division of Software and Computer Systems at the Department of Computer Science, KTH, is looking for excellent candidates for two postdoctoral positions in the area that lies at the intersection of distributed systems, data science, data intensive computing, machine learning and deep learning. The selected candidates are expected to have a strong background and passionate interest in topics of at least two of aforementioned areas.
Applicants must hold or be about to receive a doctoral degree in Computer Science (or equivalent). The doctoral degree must have been obtained within the last three years from the application deadline (some exceptions for special grounds, for instance sick leave and parental leave). The candidate should have a strong background from at least two of the areas distributed systems, data science, data intensive computing, machine learning and deep learning.
The application should contain the following:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copies of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations to English or Swedish if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
- A research statement on why you want to conduct research in areas of Distributed and Data Science Systems, about your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals; max 2 pages long.
- Representative publications or technical reports: Document no more than 10 pages each. For longer documents (eg dissertations), attach a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
- Two recommendation letters
- Contact information for two reference persons. We reserve the right to contact references only for selected candidates.
- Seif Haridi, email@example.com
- Tysse Norlindh Falk, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vladimir Vlassov, email@example.com
Last application date: 2020-03-31